head

15.7.13

Some fun projects!

Now that I have run out of coconut oil, I really miss making soaps. So, it's been great opportunity to do some rebatching! I have quite plenty of bits and shreds that I really needed to get rid of. The soaps will always be used up, so you could never get too many of them.

I didn't take photos of the process, cos I never planned to put it on my blog, but I can say I'm pleased with what I got, so thought it was not bad idea to do so. They are so glidy and smooth, which I really put high on the scale-of-beauty, when it comes to rebatched soaps

Rebatch No.1

For the first one I didn't have enough batter to fill the mould up, so I changed the way of cutting , ending up with some bars and some soap cubes.








Rebatch No.2





Rebatch No.3
(Vanilla cake?)




Rebatch No.4

This rebatch wasn't planned beforehand, I just came up with making some liquid soap, during the melting process of my shreds. As I hadn't been planning on this and no recipe had I prepared, I was just adding the water to the amount I thought it would be enough. Stickblendig was a huge help at this point. Later, I dissolved some gelatine and added in, as well as blue pearlescent mica to get the viscosity and the sheen,such commercial liquid soaps have.
I stumbled upon videos on YT a short ago and those came into my mind while I was rebatching my No.3
One of numerous videos on making gelatine soaps is this one. This girl used commercial shower gel, which I really didn't want to (even don't know if I have any at home), so I went on with my CP soap, making it liquid first.
I think I overdid with water, I would like it better a bit thicker. It's maybe bit strange that gelatine did nothing spectacular to this soap.




After all, this was my first time making liquid soap and moreover, it came accidentally, so I can not complain  about it. Not bad at all, I think.
It doesn't contain preservatives, so needs to be used up in a short time. I filled two bottles with dispensers, so at least we don't have to take it out with our fingers, risking to put too much water/or too much bacteria  in.
Meantime, I still miss making my soaps, but the good news is that I will be off for two weeks, or so, and when I get back, I will have my coconut oil with me, and even better,.....my new supplies all the way from Austria, England and Germany- a lots of new pigments, some emulsifier and preservative and new (squeeeeee) fragrance oils! YAY, can't wait to roll up my sleeves and be in a gear again!

Thanks for reading, have a nice Monday!



19 comments:

  1. I have to say I love rebatch #4 the most Maja, because it looks like cake. :)

    Your liquid soap looks lovely, beautiful colour, and like you said, there's nothing in it that you wouldn't want to use, so even if it's not exactly what you were thinking it would be, it's still great.

    Hope you have a lovely time away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making CP soaps,because they enable you to come up with an endless working creativity,but the liquid ones are comfortable to use. And cream soaps are definitely something that I want to try,as well.
      I like that one best,Monica,it really looks like a cake (and smells like one :-) )

      Delete
  2. Those are so smooth for being rebatches, my favorite is the vanilla cake ;)

    Love that liquid soap, what a great way to use up those extras! Hope you have a great time away and I can't wait to see what you make with all your new supplies, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cee, I don't know whether I'm happier to leave,or to come back? It'll be working August time for me!

      Delete
  3. Those are so beautiful! I like number 2. I´ve tried to rebatch, but I did not get as smooth soap as you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first rebatch was ugly, but I found the way to make soap smooth. I'm gonna write about it next time. I also forgot to write in this one that all 3 soaps contain milk added during the process.

      Delete
    2. How interesting! I´m already waiting for some good instructions.

      Delete
  4. Wow, they look all interesting! Love the 4th, it reminds me of a cake :)
    Wish a lovely holiday , dear Maja!
    Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nat!
      You mean No.3,that one looks like cake! I also like that one the most. I'm almost sorry there are only couple of them!

      Delete
  5. Such amazing soaps! My favorite is the first one. I like it’s rustic top. I am not fun of re batching but I did it several times. The most satisfying was when I added glycerin as a liquid. I hardly wait your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They maybe not even close to the beauty of CP soaps,but I'm really plesed with thier look and specially texture!
      I added glycerine once, apparently too much,that believe it,or not, that soap has never hardened enough (not even now,after a year maybe!)!

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog! I just had a look at your soaps and they are really lovely, so I simply had to become a follower of your blog :).

    Have a nice weekend over there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so welcome! Glad you like what you have seen on my blog and thanks for following it!
    Wish you lovely sunny Sunday,too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Da hat sich das Einschmelzen doch gelohnt. Die Seifen sind sehr schön geworden.
    Besonders die erste gefällt mir gut.
    Viele Grüße
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Petra, I haven't seen you around lately,glad to have you back on my blog! My best regards to you,as well!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful rebatches, Maja! All of them look great, but I especially like the confetti look of Rebatch #2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny, the best of all is I got rid of the scraps! Now,I can start a new stock!

      Delete
  10. Maja, your rebatch soaps are just gorgeous! Thank you for these examples, I must do rebatch more often:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iulia, I really had too much bits and ends,I had to transform it into something more useful!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment