head

25.8.14

Why is good when you make soap?!


Ok, it's very comfortable when you just approach your stock rack and pick up a slice of a small, smelling goodie. You choose the one which reflect your mood at the moment and you get a fine, bubbly, skin loving bath, without worrying about skin sensitivities, the ingredients list, or the price.
Yes, that's valuable!

But, beyond of making soap lies a pleasure, not less divine!
image




1.You make friends- (that's invaluable)




image
 
2.Your friends also make soap - (you discuss (not only) soap)


image


3.They run contests and giveaways- (that's fun) 

---  You win the contests and get prizes!  ---

(image)


If you have never gotten any lottery game,  make soap- your chances increase rapidly!
At least, that's my case! It's not that I take part into every contest that I see around, but even better, I don't and still get the prizes!



Needless to say how thrilled I was when saw that Slivia was running this interesting contest with a covetable prize! Wow....STAMPS.....something I was planning to have made, but at the time, I didn't have my original, customly made logo, nor did I have an idea who could make the stamps for me!
But, I still wanted this prize!
And I WON!

After a little roam through designers' works, I finally had one, willing to make the logo at very reasonable price. Warren from Drawingboard Inc. was super cooperative, super helpful and super creative and my part of job was piece of cake here. (Thanks again,Warren). The guy just looked my pages and in few days he came up with three different designs.  From there, everything was just a technical matter. Guess what? Silvia was the one who I need to thank to again. She was the connection between me and the designer!
OK, so I was gonna have the Philippinean logo and stamp! That already sounded exotic!



So, now you all know how my logo looks like and my stamps arrived some time ago, having traveled across the half of the world, they landed safely into my hands! And I'm loving them. I won one stamp and got two, instead. Isn't that too generous from Silvia? And as an extra work she had the handles made also!
So perfectly done and so much alike her- neat, clean and adorable! I need to say that her perfectionist's spirit never gave up on insisting on a perfect impression of the stamp and the final one was accepted by her, after discarding one.



After a few days upon receiving, I made the pine tar soap and it was ugly enough to be my 'experimental mouse'.

stamping the soap
looks good to me





I just hope I will learn how to work with them without having many soaps ruined.


Thanks Silvia for this happiness, you probably saved me preciuos time and effort in finding a stamp maker and did all the job on my behalf !





12 comments:

  1. Oh, they are so beautiful! And so is your tar soap too, especially with the new stamp! Only way you can ruing soaps while stamping them is if you stamp too soft new soap, or too hard and dry soap. Have a nice time playing with your new toys! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, I know that! This one was just properly solid, we'll see how I'll get on. Looking forward to playing and hopefully not ruining a lot of bars!

      Delete
  2. You're so cute, Maja! Love the graphics! :) So true, one of the best things about making soap and blogging about it is the friends you meet from all over the world. I never imagined I would know someone from Macedonia, much less mail a package to your country! :D
    I am so happy to hear that you like the stamps. Just for the record, I didn't make the handles. :) I am also glad that you and Warren hit it off. Finding a graphic designer is like finding an interior designer or doctor who understands you, and most importantly, you feel comfortable working with. Having worked with Warren for more than a dozen years, I had no hesitations recommending him to you.
    If all your soaps have the consistency of your pine tar soap, you won't even need a lot of practice. It looks great as is. The impression is sharp, clean and clear - even the details of the flower come out!
    Have fun stamping away! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I supposed you didn't make them, that was typo, and it's corrected now!
      Interesting, I just spent a night with a fellow soap maker from Croatia, who I have known long, but first time saw in person and we could have talked,like... forever! Yes, people definitely are the best what we get from exposing ourselves to the wireless space!

      Delete
  3. Nice logo stamp, Maja! That looks really nice. I've made friends with so many wonderful people that I never would have met if it weren't for soap. Another great perk of soapmaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Jenny! And the best part is when you meet up with some of them! Internet is a good thing after all!

      Delete
  4. Pecat izgleda fantasticno i sada logo moze da dodje do punog izrazaja. Na ovom sapunu je super I jedva cekam da vidim kako ce izgeldati na prosaranim sapunima!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ja Goco! Ne mogu da se pohvalim da je i naredna tura bila ovako uspesna- to ti je stalno tako kod mene, ziv primerak Marfijevog zakona. Nadam se jedino da cu se vremenom usavrsiti, sto se tice momenta pecatiranja i upotrebljene sile! :-)

      Delete
  5. What an interesting post, Maja, and so cute of Silvia! Knowing how perfect her soaps are,it's no doubt she made the best stamp for you! Your logo looks really great and I can't wait to see your next soaps!
    Pine tar has an interesting scent, but the soap is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pine tar soap actually smells awful, not interesting, lol!
      Yes, Silvia really did her best to pull this off perfect! Thanks Nat and welcome back!

      Delete
  6. You are hilarious as always Maja! I love all the emoticons you used and you're so right about making great friends in the land of soapmaking. You guys are all so awesome!

    The stamps are beautiful! I'm sure you're going to have a blast stamping your soaps with your lovely logo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soap making is fun, so the blogging should be, too! We feel each other's energy through our writing, so no wonder we feel as if we knew each other in person! Isn't that just super gift!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment